• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Mimaki CJV150-75 Conversion

therealboss

I have Mimaki CJV150-75 sitting down idle and I wanted convert it into UV printer with white option any suggestions thank you

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It's not really something that is doable. You'd need to add in an entire UV lamp system, with cooling etc. not to mention making custom firmware to handle it all. The only thing you could easily convert that machine to is Dye Sublimation.

Smoke_Jaguar

Converting UV to similar UV printers is hard enough, need to get a good parameter dump, modify that to be compatible, then add UV lamps, lamp controllers, possible carriage wiring for lamps (they pull a good deal of current), change out lines (UV lines need to be opaque/black), dampers and pretty much anything that touches ink. I'm going through the insanity to make a flatbed UJF-6042 MKII into an oversized 3DUJ-2207 (which is based on the smaller UJF-3042MKII). It's a lot of time. Not doing it really to save money, mostly as a crazy stupid project for fun.

Best bet, sell the thing and use the money to get what you want.

therealboss

Converting UV to similar UV printers is hard enough, need to get a good parameter dump, modify that to be compatible, then add UV lamps, lamp controllers, possible carriage wiring for lamps (they pull a good deal of current), change out lines (UV lines need to be opaque/black), dampers and pretty much anything that touches ink. I'm going through the insanity to make a flatbed UJF-6042 MKII into an oversized 3DUJ-2207 (which is based on the smaller UJF-3042MKII). It's a lot of time. Not doing it really to save money, mostly as a crazy stupid project for fun.

Best bet, sell the thing and use the money to get what you want.
Thanks for the reply I do not have any issues adding the UV lamps and the control but can you recommend any software that can handle the white ink. I'm an enthusiast and I mostly do it for fun but not to save cost

Smoke_Jaguar

Rasterlink does great for white ink, but the trick will be setting up a printer driver that works with defined ink sets.

V. V.

Inkjet printing guru
defined ink sets
along with single head setup and pretty much outdated electronics etc))))
I hade a couple of projects converting JV5 into XP600 and i3200 headed printers, came out fine enough. Just put away the most of original printer's guts and filled it with chinese ones)))

As for CJV, the major issues you can face on this way are:
1. No way to change the waveform so printout can be fuzzy or simply poor
2. Way tooooo slow print speed as you desire to split the head to CMYK+4W so divide the current throughput to at least two
3. Software/drivers, but there is a workaround