• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mimaki CJV150 causes problems and speckles around the edge of prints / over spray

Thorsten

Lichtfieber e.K. / Germany
Mimaki CJV150 causes problems and creates over spray at the edge of the print.
Even with repeated cleaning and a higher print resolution (See picture below) , I cannot fix the problem.
The digital printer has not yet printed very much and is only 2 years old.
I have the impression that the speckles appear particularly strong with mixed colors. Magenta in particular.
Due to Covit19 I would like to avoid consulting a Mimaki technician. This is very expensive here in Germany. Unfortunately, we have also had extreme losses in sales in the last few months ....... like almost all of us ;-(
That is why I am particularly grateful for tips and suggested solutions.
All of you many greats from Cologne / Germany

Thorsten

Mimaki2.jpg

Attachments

• Mimaki1.jpg
    Mimaki1.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 449

Thorsten

I had this issue many years ago and agree
Heads/Carriage is too High.
Hello and thank you for your information! The printhead lever is at its lowest setting.
Can I adjust it differently? Are there any settings in the menu?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Post a nozzle check. Either the head is deflecting a lot, the room environment is not ideal, or the head is starting to fail.

Thorsten

Hello and thank you for your help!
I'll get back to you a little late because I was sick.
Attached is a photo of the test print. On the right side you can see the test print after starting. On the left side the test image after "normal cleaning"
It looks like the cyan is getting into the magenta ?!
In principle, the colors of my profiles also appear significantly darker when printed than before.

Thank you in advance and please stay healthy!

Attachments

• mimaki_testprint.jpg
    mimaki_testprint.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 491

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Hello and thank you for your help!
I'll get back to you a little late because I was sick.
Attached is a photo of the test print. On the right side you can see the test print after starting. On the left side the test image after "normal cleaning"
It looks like the cyan is getting into the magenta ?!
In principle, the colors of my profiles also appear significantly darker when printed than before.

Thank you in advance and please stay healthy!

That cyan getting into the magenta is what they call cross contamination. It usually happens when the pump is partially clogged or the cap isn't emptying properly. Unfortunately, it can also happen when the membrane inside the head that separates the channels breaks. The fact that the magenta is also spraying could be a sign of the membrane breaking as well. Before getting a new head, how old are the cap tops? If they are older than a year, I would replace them and flush the pump tubes while you are in there.

Margaret Went

Hi I'm also having this problem the Magenta is crossing over into the cyan. Do a clean and a couple of test prints then is seems fine. But even though the test prints look fine the printing is coming out with a magenta haze around the printing on all the colours even in areas where only printing black or yellow. Machine is a Mimaki CJV150-107 3 years old head failed last year so had to have a new one about 11 mths ago.