• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki cjv150 dot position lines wonky

Mathew Atkin

Hi,

Has anyone ever come across wonky lines on the dot position adjust. Recently our machine has started to print certain patterns with wonky lines (see attached image). It looks like some sort of calibration issue but I cannot understand why it would just start doing this.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks Again

Attachments

• IMG_7363.JPG
    IMG_7363.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 312

Smoke_Jaguar

Best bet is to find a service manual and check head voltages and run alignment procedures. Unfortunately, no service model for this model of printer in my stash.

Shawnclift

Best bet is to find a service manual and check head voltages and run alignment procedures. Unfortunately, no service model for this model of printer in my stash.
Ok cool thanks :). I'll check that out ! Are these the numbers that the voltage should be ?

Untitled-6.JPG

Smoke_Jaguar

Most modern heads have a preprogrammed factory voltage bias that can vary from head to head. Over time, with wear and use, retuning is sometimes needed. You might be able to default to factory settings, but that can make things much worse in some instances.

The voltages on the chart shown are just system voltages, not particularly for the heads. Voltage adjustments are typically done in the ADJUST menu from my limited experience.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
The newer JV150/CJV150 (300) machines do not have head voltage adjustment. At least not in the service manual. The section in the service manual just has a bit of Chinese text that translates to "Description omitted for development confirmation functions. Do not use.". I have not looked in the #ADJUST menu to see if is actually adjustable on ours....

To me it looks like the material just buckled or got a bit of a ripple in it for a second there as the set of lines below it look fine as do the set after.

Shawnclift

The newer JV150/CJV150 (300) machines do not have head voltage adjustment. At least not in the service manual. The section in the service manual just has a bit of Chinese text that translates to "Description omitted for development confirmation functions. Do not use.". I have not looked in the #ADJUST menu to see if is actually adjustable on ours....

To me it looks like the material just buckled or got a bit of a ripple in it for a second there as the set of lines below it look fine as do the set after.
Unfortunately, it's quite consistent for it to be the media :(. I'm swapping heads this weekend and hopefully this will solve the issue .