• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mimaki CJV150 Ink buildup behind head on carriage

JeffA

Getting an issue with ink building up behind the head unit on our Mimaki CJV150-130. The ink pictured is fresh immediately after a test print that was done after cleaning the head and the area around it. Currently I have the foam pads that are usually on the capping station frame removed. But this ink buildup occurs when the foam pads are in place. Also, the capping assembly itself was replaced in February. The ink is circled in red. Test print runs good with all nozzles showing clear.

Attachments

• Head Ink Buildup.jpg
    Head Ink Buildup.jpg
    386.3 KB · Views: 245

rjssigns

Probably normal, clean it up and keep printing. My printer has plastic ramps on each side of the head. Doesn't take a lot of running to get them dirty.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I would take the carriage cover off and make sure you don't have a leaking damper or something. The cap top seems to be off center as well. It doesn't have to be perfect but yours is very close to the edge of the head which could be causing ink to squirt out during the cleaning cycles.

JeffA

I would take the carriage cover off and make sure you don't have a leaking damper or something. The cap top seems to be off center as well. It doesn't have to be perfect but yours is very close to the edge of the head which could be causing ink to squirt out during the cleaning cycles.

Will check damper. They were replaced last winter. Also, didn't even register with me the alignment of the cap. I see that ring. Thanks for pointing that out.

JeffA

Solventinkjet, where do you usually set the Cap Pos., Air Pull Pos., and Flushing Pos. when doing capping assembly alignment. I'm double checking it now. Get Cap Pos aligned more towards center now, want to be sure I've got Air Pull and Flush correct.

JeffA

Haven't been able to center the cap assy.. Any advice how to? Tried Capping Adjust, but not getting it centered.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Unfortunately the capping adjustment really only tells the carriage where to stop in certain parts of the cleaning cycle. To get the cap more centered you want to take a look at the part of the carriage that hits the station. Yours looks like it hitting late. I've even shimmed that area before in a bind.