• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mimaki CJV150 magenta ink dropping out rhs

flatbloke

Southampton sign maker
I have had this issue for a while.
The Magenta ink on the right of the head drops out after a few meters of printing.
The test print used to look a lot worse about 20% of the bottom section would be missing.
I have replaced the capping station and pump.
I have replaced the damper.
I will do an overnight soak then all is fine again until I print a few meters then the test print looks like this or worse.

If anyone has any tips it would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_6854.JPG

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I had the same issue. I think it was a bad batch of ink which someone else had mentioned on here. Once I took out the made in Japan cartridges (they have a darker blue vs light purple label) and did a few ink fills on the one channel it has seemed to go away.

flatbloke

Southampton sign maker
I have only used genuine SS21 inks on this machine. have looked at the cartridges I have and some say 'Made in Taiwan'. One magenta in the machine has it on it.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
As Notarealsignguy mentioned, check your carts. If they are all good, check the bottom of the head for any damage or scratches. The warped look of the nozzles on the bottom part of the magenta look like signs of a head strike.

flatbloke

Southampton sign maker
There are very light scratches on the head no real strikes. I did have an issue where the print media would buckle with heat. this did rub on the head but issues didn't happen until later. I have attached images of the cartridges. all say made in Taiwan excluding the cyan.

Attachments

• IMG_6856.jpg
    IMG_6856.jpg
    749.9 KB · Views: 92

Pavia

Mimaki has a problem with air in the ink. We get a 60% discount on the ink because of the problems.