• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki cjv3-160 Plus printing problem

MimakiGuy

Im stumped. Done everything I could think of.
Thought I would ask here before starting a ticket with Mimaki.

Attachments

• test print.jpeg
    test print.jpeg
    216.6 KB · Views: 227

APCInk

Merchant Member
Hey Mimaki guy,

You said that this is a JV300 "Plus" model? Are you using the 600ml pouches in the refillable cartridges? If so then I'd recommend popping open the active Cyan and Yellow cartridges and checking that the bags are not actually empty. The 600ml pouch/cartridge combo does not have physical "Ink End" pop-out tabs like the 440ml cartridges do and instead the machine relies on the user entering the volume of the pouch (measured using a scale) to track the amount of ink remaining. The process of setting up and weighing the cartridges is very poorly explained in the manuals so it's possible you've completely run these channels out of ink and the machine doesn't know it.

Headstrike

Mimaki Wide Format Printer Services
Do you have ink into the damper?
If so, I would pull from the bottom of the cap with a syringe (open valves).
If not, I would fill-up the damper manually.

timalh3

i have had this problem many times it seems ,that if your cartridges run empty and the machine ,keep trying to get ink from it ,it will get air in the lines and will not let the ink pass through so you will have to manually prime the dampers till the air comes out the quickest way is to use a syringe and keep looking at the lines and see when the air is out but that is just my printer you could have a bigger problem just try it and see if that works for you. and you need to open the valve when doing the manual prime

timalh3

I took the damper off and yellow ink flowed right on through. It was filled with ink as well
ok are your dampers compressing when you do a fill up and is your cap top sucking the inks through properly if you have a cap top i suggest you change it and see if that works if not there are a couple of things you can do but you have to be hands on person with the printer cause what i would suggest will take some work.

MimakiGuy

ok are your dampers compressing when you do a fill up and is your cap top sucking the inks through properly if you have a cap top i suggest you change it and see if that works if not there are a couple of things you can do but you have to be hands on person with the printer cause what i would suggest will take some work.
cap top?

MimakiGuy

I just replaced the assembly around the cap but not the cap itself.
Guess i will call mimaki over that. Still got plenty of warranty left lol