• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki CJV30-130 / JV33-130 USERS Unite!

Ponto

As the Title suggests,.....I'm interested in users providing feedback on the timeframe replacement of the typical consumables (ie. dampers, pumps, capping station, wiper, encoder strip, etc.). Thanks a bunch ahead of time for your time and responses. I realize these will be dictated on how hard the machines are run and the maintenance regimens followed but some general feedback would be appreciated.............JP

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
From what I have seen as a tech, below are the maintenance parts in order from changed the most often to changed the least and how often:

Wiper (3-6 months - People go longer but not recommended - For a few bucks change it more often than not to save the $$$$ head)

Cap top (~1 per year - I have seen 2+ years but do not recommend)

Dampers x8 (~1 per year - 2 years is pushing it - I have seen up to 5 year old dampers work fine but that significantly diminishes the life of the head)

Pump (~2 years - Definitely Possible to go longer but for the price I would just change it out at the 2 year mark even if it hasn't failed yet)

Encoder Strip (May last the life of the machine with clean environment, low dust and not being tampered with unless absolutely necessary - If your strip goes bad(not just dirty) in the first 1 - 2 years, something is wrong)