• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mimaki CJV30-130 sitting idle for a few weeks

oddbrawl

Printer will not be used a for a few weeks so I just want to confirm some steps so there will be less issues when going back into use.

1. Perform a Custody Wash.
2. Ensure cleaning cartidge is not empty.
3. Leave plugged into to do Pump Tube wash. (Right now it is set for 48 hours, is that too long?)

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Run the custody wash and when it asks you to clean the wiper, clean the cap top as well. Follow the rest of the instructions and set the timer to 10 minutes only. Basically what a custody wash is doing is running a nozzle wash to make sure your nozzles start out perfectly clear and to remove any dry ink. Then it runs a regular cleaning cycle to bring fresh ink to the nozzles. Then is runs the pump without the head docked so that there is no fluid in the pump tubes. Then it will dock and you can just leave it alone after that.

The pump tube wash setting at 48hrs is perfect and doesn't really matter as much as the auto cleaning and refresh functions. To save the most ink set your refresh setting to every 8hrs and your cleaning setting to every 24hrs. Then just turn the front power switch off and leave the back power switch on and you are good to go.