• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki CJV30-130

MimakiUser

Hello Mimaki Users,

I am looking for a color profile for the Avery MPI 2903. There is no color profile created by the manufacturer for this product. Does anybody have a color profile that is compatible with Mimaki CJV30-130, RasterLinkPro 5SG and ES3 - 4 ink set?

JudyMoody

Hi, I use the 3M profile for IJ180 at 720 x 1080 resolution ( I also use the ES3 inks). Seems to work just fine for me!

MimakiUser

ES3 inks are sold as eco-friendly solvent inks. I don't know how true that statment is but we just prefered them for better air quality in the shop.

MimakiUser

Hi, I use the 3M profile for IJ180 at 720 x 1080 resolution ( I also use the ES3 inks). Seems to work just fine for me!

Avery's MPI 1005 for SS21 seems to work well for ES3 ink set as well, just a bit of a color shift. On the other hand bending seems to be better.

Thank you for your reply...

ironchef

I love the ss21 smell. Its not that bad. A customer even said it smelled good. We aren't printing that much, we are looking at the clean air system once we start printing and off gassing more. As far as profiles go. Im on my second roll of trustock. Using a general gpvc profile that came with the pro 5 sg.

Out There

I love the ss21 smell. Its not that bad. A customer even said it smelled good.

Be careful, the fumes coming off the printer are nasty stuff (which you probably know). It may smell good to some, but it can slowly kill you overtime.

I have a small print area and if I don't turn my homemade exhaust on, I get a rockin headache for part of the day.

ironchef

We got 1300 sqft. Warehouse with a fan on the roof. We turn it on sometimes. But then it gets too hot. Plus its like 25 to 30 ft high ceilings... we are going to get a fume pro activated carbon filter from clean air. But we are ordering a ustech laminator first, and ordering omega 5

ironchef

Hey, so which profile worked better, ij180 or mpi 1005? Im getting a roll in of the mpi 2903, im on cjv30 ss21 dual cmyk set up