• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki CJV30-160 laminating then cutting

MangoPRI

Hi all!

If I was to print for laminate and then cutting, I assume I would use crop marks, print then remove the paper for lamination.

However is there a procedure for refeeding the laminated material to make sure the printer recognises it prior to cutting ie draw a mark where the paper was prior to removal and put it back in exactly the same place? Or will the printer feed it back and forth until it finds the trim marks?

Many thanks!

alevit53

I order for that machine to recognize the crop marks, you must use Raster Link and create a hybrid job. Make sure you put crop marks every 8-10 inches along the length. The only other rip that might work and be accurate is ONYX. Flexi will let you do it but for some reason they have not figured out why the cut portion is not accurate.
Yes, there is a procedure to follow both in the software and on the machine panel. If you don't follow it.....the machine will not cut accurately.
I believe Mimaki has some YouTube videos and some info on their site.

MangoPRI

great, I use Raster Link. Do you know the terminology I need to search for to find the video? Or alternatively, a link to the video itself would be amazing! :)

Neil

You really should read the manual. The CJV's are a complex beast at first - until you've set it up properly and worked out your workflow from software through to contour cutting.

To answer your question though, yes print 4 reg marks - make sure the software prints say type 2 and the machine is set to read type 2. Allow some Y offset when you print - say 10mm - to give the marks some extra clearance up from the cutter head.

Reload the sheet or roll once laminated. I usually pull the vinyl out enough to see the rear 2 reg marks of the first sheet. Line these up perfectly in line to the platen.
Clamp the rollers down, scroll the sheet back so the cutter head is just below and in front of the first reg mark. Hit origin. Hit END button (this is short cut to activate the mark sensor) move the sensor inside the first reg mark, hit enter to read it. Now it's ready. I always forget to hit the Remote button.

I have my software set so I just read the first mark manually, then when I send the cut file, it goes to all 4 and hopefully finds them all. I set my pressure on the machine beforehand. If you need to test cut, do that before you scan the first mark.

MangoPRI

Thanks, I'm gradually working through the manual whilst trying to get work done in between. Is that the user type? I generally have it set to 1 and have Rasterlink send over the temperature etc,

Thanks, I'm gradually working through the manual whilst trying to get work done in between. Is that the user type? I generally have it set to 1 and have Rasterlink send over the temperature etc,
hello!

just looking to do this myself, did you ever find a video on how to set this up?