• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki CJV30 - losing ink channel

chuckmpw

my machine is set up of 6 color. I keep losing one of the cyan channels. after cleanings i usually get it back but not anymore. clogged head or something else?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It's probably a bad damper but I have also noticed that these older Mimakis need new ink lines more often than other models as they age. It could need new line or one of the connections is letting air in. I'd start with the damper though as that's the most likely culprit.

hbb2008

Premium Subscriber
last year I had several times this issue with one of my Mimaki JV33's last Feb/March. we replaced almost everything we could except the ink lines. it started with one color and then others dropped out and I couldn't recover them no mater what new part was in the machine.
we eventually decided to change the print head after ruling out other cheaper part replacements. it helped for a few months then a similar thing happened again in sept.
my technician found out that when we replaced the print head in september, that the channels of the head were breached so whatever happened during all of our trouble shooting leading up to the print head replacement, damaged the print head so we wouldnt be able to save it even if we could.

we never did figure out the root cause of the problem.

This year we ended up replacing that printer entirely with a new JV300-plus.

good luck