• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mimaki CJV30 No print

APNW

Hi, I have got a CJV30-160 which after having a service, was "advised" (but legally not) to remove the head and soak in cleaner to try and unblock half the cyan and magenta nozzles (both left and right) as they were only firing on half.
The engineer that serviced it changed the cap, dampers and wiper and couldn't get it firing on any more than I had before.
Since removing the head, soaking, flushing through with a syringe and damper, the head has completely stopped firing. One of the new dampers (Black 4) was leaking, and has since been replaced with a spare. If you do a head clean, you cant see any ink firing into the cap like you used to. There are a few bulging caps on the main boards, photos attached, and the .375ma fuse is intact.
I am getting fed up with this machine now, any help would be greatly received!

Attachments

• 20221002_153030.jpg
    20221002_153030.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 262
  • 20221002_153036.jpg
    20221002_153036.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 74
  • 20221002_153041.jpg
    20221002_153041.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 68

Neil

If you do a head clean, you cant see any ink firing into the cap like you used to.
Were you able to push cleaning liquid through the head when it was out?

If you're not getting ink pooling in the cap when you do a clean, then it's a plumbing issue.
Not electrical - unless your head is now completely blocked.
It's probably something under the head: Cap top, cap, tubes that lead to the cap top, pump, tubes after the pump.

APNW

It sucks ink through the head, and can draw through with a syringe also. It almost seems electrical.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If ink flows during cleanings and the head doesn't fire a single nozzle, that's usually the F13 fuse but could be other damage to the main board, slider board, and/or head itself. If the fuse tests good, other than having the boards tested and fixed, you just have to throw parts at it unfortunately.