• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki CJV30 service manual or videos?

Masseria

no media crash?
got any other printhead to try? if you have one and issues are the same, then its not the printhead or viceversa.

moyica

I haven't had any media crashes or strikes to the head. It was working fine before my magenta's dropped out. Now the magenta's are back and the black dropped out. I don't have another print head to try :(
I'm still waiting on my cleaning kit so I can try drawing it threw the head manually again but aside from that I'm dumbfounded.

Masseria

I haven't had any media crashes or strikes to the head. It was working fine before my magenta's dropped out. Now the magenta's are back and the black dropped out. I don't have another print head to try :(
I'm still waiting on my cleaning kit so I can try drawing it threw the head manually again but aside from that I'm dumbfounded.

have you check that the dampers were correctly in their place and fixed to the tubes? and no orings leaking air on them?
if you have...
i would try another printhead after you tried anything else.... seems you have so, maybe mimaki's guarantee is still up...

moyica

So as per my local tech suggested I ran more solvent through the head and watched until I saw clear slowly dripping out from the head. It seemed to be coming through fine. I then opened the valve for the black and manually drew ink through the tube as well as through the damper. Both seem fine. I ran an ink fill and soft clean. Now I am running a 99min nozzle then I will try another test print. Wish me luck.

moyica

if dampers are 3/4 full, they are fine. try absorbing ink through cap station doing the pump job.
you can do this by closing one of the 2 exit tubes an absorb through the other one.

if not working then is other problem.perhaps something clogged. but to much dirt for all nozzles color clogged looks like pressure trouble.... if i were you i'd absorb with low pressure like i said before.

In my opinion you should check artbots jv33 bible thread (sticky thread) and download the file with all the information.. there is something called mimaki project or something like that. there are many videos in how to replace stuff, even a printhead....

You mentioned above that there are videos in regards to replacing the print head. I have downloaded all of the JV33 bible files and I dont see any videos for the head removal. Do you have the videos? Could you share it?

Wiggum PI

You mentioned above that there are videos in regards to replacing the print head. I have downloaded all of the JV33 bible files and I dont see any videos for the head removal. Do you have the videos? Could you share it?
There's an mpeg in the D500345-V1.00_HTML zip file/project/image folder labelled 001.mpg

moyica

There's an mpeg in the D500345-V1.00_HTML zip file/project/image folder labelled 001.mpg

Thank you I found it. Is there anything special that needs to be done after putting the head back on after a head soak other than a few ink fill ups maybe.