• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki CJV30 Teach In KY Area

ChilliB

Hello, First time posting so hope all is correct. I am looking for a printer tech that is familiar with Mimaki printers in the Kentucky area. I have a CJV30-130 that I have owned for about 6 years now. Everything was going fine then I got hit with a bunch of signs and banners for all the seniors graduating this year. On the last couple banners it printed a cyan box with yellow and black stripe through towards the end of the print. Just before that it would beep 4 times then switch back over to local. If I pushed the remote button again it would go right back to printing and i did not notice anything wrong with the print.

I did some research on here and other places and have now done print tests and I am missing lines. I replaced the dampers and gave it a good cleaning. I even did a nozzle wash overnight and it is still doing the same thing. I fear my print head has gone out and i do not know enough about them that i feel i can go any further with it. I would rather pay someone then be down any longer as I am loosing jobs now.

I am looking for someone that can help me out as the nearest tech that I am aware of is in Tenn. Not only do I need what is wrong with it now taken care of I want the color set changed. When I bought the machine I had it set up as an 8 color using silver and white. This was my first purchase and knew nothing at the time just thought it would cool to be able to print silver and do white underlays. I have only used this option a few times but have to buy silver every 3 months just to keep printing. I figure if i need to replace all the dampers, pump, capping station and possibly a print head it might be a good time to just do it all.

I own a small business and work it out of my home so I am not rich. I am not looking for charity just someone fair to work on it without me wasting a bunch of money playing guessing games. If you are in the Kentucky area and can help that would be great, if not maybe you can point me in the right direction. Any help would be greatly appreciated I need to get up and running again ASAP.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It's definitely an electrical issue but it may not be the head. It's best to get a tech out as it's hard to diagnose electrical issues without being there. Give James McGill a call in Paducah - 270 243-0599

ChilliB

It's definitely an electrical issue but it may not be the head. It's best to get a tech out as it's hard to diagnose electrical issues without being there. Give James McGill a call in Paducah - 270 243-0599

Thank you for the information and I will give him a call.