• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki CJV300-160 Plus isn't reading registration marks.

Racewraps

Hello Everyone,

I have a CJV300-160 Plus that is a print/cut combo that is having a very hard time reading my registration marks and being able to cut. It will print wonderfully, however once the media is removed to laminate or simulate lamination it will not read the registration marks, it won't give an error saying it can't detect the marks either.

I had a tech dial the machine in for Raster link when they came to install the machines and its dead center and perfect.

If I send a print cut job through Raster link it will work fine, I just don't like the color profiles and prefer using Flexi for all my printing as I have the orange color in my mix, and we had a custom profile created that is spot on and prints beautifully.

When I called Mimaki to ask them what I needed to do to get the machine to cut properly I was told that what I want to do will not work, (Flexi design, send to raster link as print / cut combo and only use the cut file in raster link) I do set up the registration mark as the same type and the same size in flexi that I would use if I was going to print from raster link so they match.

I asked him why I wouldn't be able to use just the cut function in raster link and he said the machine won't be able to read the marks. I said the issue is once I remove the media it won't read the marks even if I print from raster link so what you're saying isn't making sense.

I understand I am very new to vinyl printing, but it seems that it should be able to read the cut file regardless of what design software I am using since raster link is a print and cut software only.

I have gone through all recommended fixes such as mark sensor, mark detection, tp-detect etc. with zero luck.

I have also tried to print and cut only form Flexi, but my cut contour line will not cut evenly around the media.

Any ideas would be helpful.

Thank you!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The easiest way to do it is going to be doing everything through Flexi since that is where you want to print from. It sounds like you can get the registration marks to read in Flexi but the alignment is off? What you want to do is create a file that prints and cuts a crosshair. Then print and cut it with registration marks. You'll be able to see which directions it is off that way. Then go into your TP Detect settings and adjust the X and Y Offset values to move the cut line to where the printed crosshair is. Just keep in mind that Mimaki does things a little backwards. Left and right is the Y axis and left is positive and right is negative. Up and down is the X axis and to move the cut line up you go positive and to go down you go negative. It will take a few times to get it perfect but once you do, you should be able to do everything from Flexi now.

Racewraps

I tried to do a print and cut a file in Flexi today and it wouldn't read the registration marks to finish the cut file.

I tried your recommendation and set the TP Detect values after getting the crosshair cut, then resent the job and the screen pops up to move the pointer setting and then hit okay, I then go from remote to local and do the pointer adjustment and then hit okay. It then tries to read the registration mark and gives me an error code c36 and it doesn't cut. It also isn't saving the values I enter.

When I did the crosshair cut is actually cut just outside of my registration mark. which is set to 26mm based on what the last Mimaki Tech I talked to said to set it as. Is my registration type 1 mark off by chance?