• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mathew Atkin

Hi I have noticed the cyan nozzles have become slightly deflected and I am wondering if this is something I should be concerned about? The machine is 2 years old and has had the following work on it done

Cap Top Replaced 6 Months Ago
Wiper 2 weeks ago
Pump still on Original never replaced
Dampers still on Original never replaced

Would love help with this one as I am stuck and cannot get them to come back. Left to soak overnight with no luck.

Thank You

Attachments

• IMG_6989.jpeg
    IMG_6989.jpeg
    587.5 KB · Views: 433

Headstrike

Mimaki Wide Format Printer Services
Try a nozzle wash and gently wiping the face of the head with lent free cloth and cleaning solution, only one way (do not rub).
I wouldn't be concern at this time but I would consider replacing the dampers as they should be replaced every year to keep the printer in good shape.

Mathew Atkin

Thank You,

I have left the machine to soak again today and will see how it looks in the morning. I did get it a whip with a lint free cloth the other day which helped a little bit. A part of me thinks its potentially dampers starting to fail. I know there isn't a full colour drop out but its with both doing the same.

Regards
Mathew

Headstrike

Mimaki Wide Format Printer Services
Normally dampers wouldn't cause deflection, despite I recommend to replace them no matter what as they are 2 years old.

Impact1

Wide Format Technical Solutions
You may want to verify that there is no damage to the face of the print head. Also, run a normal cleaning and make sure the wiper is making good contact with the head during the wipe process.

Terry01

You will never pick up on a single nozzle with minute deflection as shown in the photo... You are not printing DOLLAR notes and having each one inspected under a microscope are you??

Dangreenst

If you've tried all of the above and the same nozzles are still deflecting we call that a hard out. Have you tried increasing the passes 12, 16? If you can't live with the Prints you may have to replace the printhead.

Mathew Atkin

I am happy with the quality of the prints I was just concerned as it only seems to be cyan with deflections. I have since replaced the Pump and Captop which hasn't made a difference. I can live with it just strange why cyan only seems to be affected. I cannot see any noticeable damage to the head.