• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki ends relationship with Grimco

Nuagedesigns

I recieved a call today from my Grimco rep today stating that after June 1st they will no longer be selling any Mimaki products. Their reasoning was that their sales were down and that Mimaki pulled the plug. They will only have ink supplies that are on the shelves untill they run out.

Where is everyone buying their inks from these days? I always ran OEM Mimaki inks as they gave me a great price on them. Not a big fan of third party inks but if I have to switch I guess i can learn to change. What third party inks are people using and where are you purchasing them?

I am currently running a new JV33.

MagnetStew

STS Ink (stsinks.com) has great ink. We are very happy with them. We switched all of our printers (5 Mutoh's - but know of several using their Mimaki ink) over to STS inks several years ago and couldn't be happier.

2B

We received this today

attachment.php

Attachments

• e1cf5f4f-97f4-4dc7-870d-8e04c852be81.jpg
    e1cf5f4f-97f4-4dc7-870d-8e04c852be81.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 225
Last edited by a moderator:

InstantOneMedia

We use both Mimaki & Triangle inks in our JV33 & JV3. We get them from Advantage but their closest location to you is PA. Be careful with the Triangle ink for the JV33. We had an issue with the black clogging our nozzles. So now we run OEM Black, Triangle Magenta Cartridge, and Triangle bulk Cyan & Yellow in our JV33. We use Triangle bulk in one JV3, and OEM cartridges in our other JV3.

I have heard great things about Bordeaux Inks.

TheSnowman

I've been running Triangle JVV in my Mimaki JV33 right out of the gate. We ran the OEM's to make sure the machine was setup properly, and when those were out, I ran Triangle. I bought it from Advantage, and they weren't bordeaux dealers, and I was pretty loyal to them at the time, so I went with the triangle. In my JV3, I had always ran bordeaux for probably 5 or 6 years, no issues at all. Ran awesome.

I had a falling out w/ Advantage about a month ago, and if I could do it again, I'd run bordeaux. No real issues w/ the Triangle, but I feel like I had some extra profile screwing around to deal with, that I didn't really have with the bordeaux. I suppose cost would be the main factor. I'm getting the Triangle for $61.20 a cartridge. Far as I know, that's a pretty good deal.

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
I recieved a call today from my Grimco rep today stating that after June 1st they will no longer be selling any Mimaki products. Their reasoning was that their sales were down and that Mimaki pulled the plug. They will only have ink supplies that are on the shelves untill they run out.

From what I understand, Mimaki pulled their inks from all of their biggest distributors. Could be they aren't happy with how many customers are being steered to HP for the latex printers...

ironchef

I heard Bordeaux is made by mimaki? Or its the same ink? Or my rep is bull****ting me lol, and how does it compare with 20/20 inks?