• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mimaki ink change

Graphixbygraf

High on Inks
I had a my two Mimaki JV33 scene 2012 .. I wanted to change one over from ES3 ink to SS21 ink flushed old ink new dampers will not find any ink all red lights ink reads ES3 been looking here and other online how do I change ink type? Can not find any settings it will not come up initial fill and ask me ink type again.
I read here Function Remote on boot but did not do anything maybe i am doing it wrong?

My CJV30 I did it one time 6 years ago but my memory is slipping To Much SS21 ink fumes..... LOL

Graphixbygraf

High on Inks
Answered My own question but in case some one else needed it .. Worked as described found on line use at own risk but worked on both my machines perfect. Caution on some ink changes may want to flush old ink first. As noted above I just went from one solvent to another stronger one and did not flush.

How to enter technician mode?

1. Turn down the front power.
  2. Press "<", ">" at same time when power on.
  3. Find and Enter menu to "SystemParam" turn to #46 SUPPORT 2 (change the value to "2")
How to change ink type?

1. Enter menu ....
  2. Functions
  3. Parameter Function >RUNNING PARAM.
  4. [HASHTAG]#121[/HASHTAG], change value "1" to "0" and change "0" to "1"
  5. After set, the device will ask you to choose a ink type when restart on LCD panel.