• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JFX-200 LH-100 Ink cracking

Lilukey1

I own a Mimaki JFX-200 running LH-100 ink CMYK PR CL W. Printing exterior acrylic and pre coat white aluminum faces. Has anyone had the problem of this ink cracking with or without primer? The Distributor of this printer said that printing on these substrates with this ink set using primer or without primer on pre coat white would be fine knowing that they would be exterior signs sitting in the sun.

ftfoto

the lh-100 clear ink is the one without flexibility if it is like the lus-100
our tech said it is only meant as a effect rather than full format solid areas.
in the jfx-500 the manual is way more detailed http://mimaki.com/archives/034/JFX500_Operation_D202420_V1.4.pdf
on page 60 they are talking about seting the uv mode manually if cracking occurs in 4c+w but you might try it to get better results for clear ink. this was never even mentioned in the jfx200 manual.
our tech said the best promoterfor more adhesion would be to print white under the color which turned out to be complete BS.