• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JFX200-2513 Idler/Tensioner pulley question

Susan Stewart

I have a quick question, the bearing circled in red(see picture below) is making a “dry bearing” sound.
Is there a lubricant I can use on the inner ball bearing?
I looked thru the manuals for the machine and could not find any info on a preferred “lubricant”.

Screen Shot 2018-11-27 at 3.02.50 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-11-27 at 3.02.50 PM.png

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Nothing in the tech manual either which means Mimaki just expects you to replace it when it goes bad. The part itself is $57 and I can get it for you if needed. Otherwise I would use synthetic grease but I think the pulley might be sealed which will prevent you from getting the grease where it needs to go.

Susan Stewart

I would like to get the part because I know it will need replaced soon. If you could email my plant manager he should be able to take care of that for me. His email address is psherman@cmgmirror.com. Also, I was wondering if you have or know where I can get technical instructions for how to replace the part.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
I would like to get the part because I know it will need replaced soon. If you could email my plant manager he should be able to take care of that for me. His email address is psherman@cmgmirror.com. Also, I was wondering if you have or know where I can get technical instructions for how to replace the part.

Susan,

Just a precaution. Don't touch the printer if it is still under factory warranty. Mimaki will void the warranty if a non certified technician touched the printer. Contact the Mimaki dealer who sold you the printer. They are liable to fix your printer during warranty period. If the dealer does not want to service the printer, Mimaki will then come in to take care of you. We at Premier Colour Inc is an authorized Mimaki service provider for JFX model from S. California. Give us an email if you need further assistance, support@premiercolour.com.

Francis

Susan Stewart

Francis,
Thanks for the precaution. I do not believe we are still under warranty. I will find out for sure. Thanks for your contact information. I will definitely keep you in mind.

jfiscus

Rap Master
I tihnk I have put 3-in-1 oil in another very similar bearing in an old JV3 to fix a similar issue.

IPreferPC

I've got the same issue, but on the Capping station side of the machine. Bearing sounds crunchy and a soak with 3-in-1 over the weekend hasn't done much.

By my approximation, the bearing is 25mm wide, but as the printer is still printing fine (and currently booked flat out), does anyone know the complete spec of this bearing? Looks to be just the one on the big spindle, where-as the tensioner on the other side gets two bearings.

Smoke_Jaguar

I can check on a scrap printer, since most seem to use the same assembly. That said, best bet is seeing if you can read the part number stamped into the bearing itself and sourcing a decent branded replacement.

IPreferPC

I can check on a scrap printer, since most seem to use the same assembly. That said, best bet is seeing if you can read the part number stamped into the bearing itself and sourcing a decent branded replacement.
Well, that flanged (unstamped) bearing collapsed so we were able to take it to the bearing supplier; - none in the country unless we buy the whole pulley assembly ($1100AUD). We ended up putting four skateboard bearings into the Assy and a washer on the bottom to keep the pully at the correct height. All has been running smoothly for the past week. Total fix cost, $17.

Smoke_Jaguar

The bearings should hold just fine. If they do fail, just spring for fancier bearings for $25. What was the part number on them? Might help folks in the future reading this thread.

Smoke_Jaguar

From the pulley on a UJF-6042 and a TS300P, both use a F699ZZ. Might differ on other pulleys. Seems to be the same on the idler as well as the drive 'stacked' pulley.

IPreferPC

From the pulley on a UJF-6042 and a TS300P, both use a F699ZZ. Might differ on other pulleys. Seems to be the same on the idler as well as the drive 'stacked' pulley.
Nothing at all was stamped on the bearing, but I do agree that F699ZZ fits the bill. JFX200-2513