• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JFX200-2513 printhead problem

guillermo

I am attaching some pictures of a test print for this Mimaki JFX200-2513 flat bed printer, this particular print head is fairly new, was replaced about 6 months ago, printhead was missing half of the cyan and yellow.
Now on this print head, as you can see in the pictures, the test print for magenta and black are great, but cyan and yellow is missing an area that it has little ink, but not consistent with the rest of the test print, does anyone have had the same problem, and if so, can you share what it was done to solve this issue? I have cleaned the head as much as I can.

Thank you in advance.
PXL_20230613_124900932.jpg
PXL_20230613_124915557.jpg

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
When was the last time you changed the primary filters? They might be overdue. I would also take a look at the bottom of the head and look for signs of head strikes and/or ink build up that might be affecting those nozzles. Make sure not to use a flashlight unless it has a UV safe filter.

guillermo

When was the last time you changed the primary filters? They might be overdue. I would also take a look at the bottom of the head and look for signs of head strikes and/or ink build up that might be affecting those nozzles. Make sure not to use a flashlight unless it has a UV safe filter.
The tech that came to replace the print head had everything to services, filters, pads, all what they asked, he said that it was not problem how it was, but I checked the print head and it looks great, I will do a little more and hope I am able to print better.

Thank you.

guillermo

Hi

It has been a little while, and in this issue, I did a nozzle wash and a purge, and no luck, still test prints come like the picture I sent.

Actually, I was thinking of doing that, but in the next few days, work will slow down and I will do that.

Thank you.

guillermo

Hi

What and where are the primary filters?, there is some, like under the machine on the right side they are black and the ones on top of the print heads, are clear.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Hi

What and where are the primary filters?, there is some, like under the machine on the right side they are black and the ones on top of the print heads, are clear.
The black ones are the primary filters. If they get clogged up, it can impede ink flow and cause supply errors etc. They are supposed to be replaced once per year but most people go until they fail.

guillermo

The black ones are the primary filters. If they get clogged up, it can impede ink flow and cause supply errors etc. They are supposed to be replaced once per year but most people go until they fail.
I have those already, tech ordered and did not replace them. I will do.

Thank you very much.

guillermo

I am attaching some pictures of a test print for this Mimaki JFX200-2513 flat bed printer, this particular print head is fairly new, was replaced about 6 months ago, printhead was missing half of the cyan and yellow.
Now on this print head, as you can see in the pictures, the test print for magenta and black are great, but cyan and yellow is missing an area that it has little ink, but not consistent with the rest of the test print, does anyone have had the same problem, and if so, can you share what it was done to solve this issue? I have cleaned the head as much as I can.

Thank you in advance. View attachment 165754 View attachment 165755
I got an advice from Solventinkjet and will do what he recomends, in the other hand, this same machine is putting black in on the other colors (see attached image inside the shape) it has black on the cyan and yellow, but regularly it has it on all the colors. I adjusted the air pressure and still does it. the station by the ink padd, there is blue, red and yellow, probably black in also, on the metal parts, like if you spray it over, but it happens only on printhead 2.

Attachments

• mimaki print test.jpg
    mimaki print test.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 85
  • mimaki print test.jpg
    mimaki print test.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 83

hulign

I got an advice from Solventinkjet and will do what he recomends, in the other hand, this same machine is putting black in on the other colors (see attached image inside the shape) it has black on the cyan and yellow, but regularly it has it on all the colors. I adjusted the air pressure and still does it. the station by the ink padd, there is blue, red and yellow, probably black in also, on the metal parts, like if you spray it over, but it happens only on printhead 2.
I am curious how this turned out for you? What ended up being the fix? Thanks!

guillermo

I am curious how this turned out for you? What ended up being the fix? Thanks!

Hulign

Well....... we stop trying to get them fix, we finally changed the printhead and now is great.

the yellow ink line was clogged, I blow from the hose on the printhead to the nozzles and did not go trough, then I took the original printhead that was replaced as it had the same problem and the cyan line was clogged, I have not idea how it got clogged.
thank you very much for paying attention to the fix.
Have a good day.