• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JFX200 2513 vs Vanguard plus flatbed cutter?

Alamo

I’m going to be upgrading to a UV 4x8’ flatbed and also wanting to add a cutter and looking for feedback regarding the best combo. I’m primarily printing and cutting 1/4” foam core.

My UV flatbed searches have me narrowed down to a Mimaki JFX200 2513, I like that the inks are green guard certified. Or a vanguard VR5de or the vk300 hs? I’ve read lots of good things about vanguard on here.

I also want a flat bed cutter to cut a sheet once I’m done cutting. Mimaki has the cf22-1225 but also read good things about Summa and Zund.

I’m grateful for any feedback on any of these things before making the big decision! I’d really love to go to a trade show and see everything in person but unfortunately that’s not doable for me in the near future. Thank you!

dudeinthemoon

As a mimaki service tech in past I can say JFX200 is a very good and reliable machine, it runs on two ricoh gen5 printheads, little bit slow but it depends on your needs. One important thing on this printer: dont skip any daily maintenance routine, it is very important to do nozzle wash every day, at least for 5 mins, clean all parts such as wiper, caps rubber etc every day before turning it off and it will be in good condition without any expensive problems for a years.
Their flat cutters are good, but slow and expensive. There are many good chinese cutters nowadays, take a look at them maybe.

rjssigns

I run a JFX at school. No speed demon to be sure, but it prints beautifully. If you need to knock out 20 plus boards an hour it isn't the rig for you.
I also run the Mimaki flatbed cutter. Personally I don't like it. Weird user interface and menus with lots of pecking away at the control to access modes, cutters, etc... Could be me, I don't know, but it's 2021 and setup should be simpler than what it is. Although once set up it cuts well.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
you're comparing 2 entry levels and 1 production level machine...
What are your requirements?

A lot of inks will have certifications like greenguard gold etc. and other health and safety requirements. I know the USA are less strict vs Australia on inks though.

kerwinchua

Production Manager
I’m going to be upgrading to a UV 4x8’ flatbed and also wanting to add a cutter and looking for feedback regarding the best combo. I’m primarily printing and cutting 1/4” foam core.

My UV flatbed searches have me narrowed down to a Mimaki JFX200 2513, I like that the inks are green guard certified. Or a vanguard VR5de or the vk300 hs? I’ve read lots of good things about vanguard on here.

I also want a flat bed cutter to cut a sheet once I’m done cutting. Mimaki has the cf22-1225 but also read good things about Summa and Zund.

I’m grateful for any feedback on any of these things before making the big decision! I’d really love to go to a trade show and see everything in person but unfortunately that’s not doable for me in the near future. Thank you!
Hi Alamo,

our company went with the Vanguard VK300D-HS because of the reliability of the industrial Kyocera Heads and the speed the 10 Heads can pump out. We also were lucky enough to get the Colex SXC1732 flatbed cutter. In my opinion, this machines is really top notch and they have an ongoing promo that includes a 3HP router and Oscillating Knife included.

If ever you will opt for the vanguard ask for their HighLord inksets, with the strong adhesion properties, you will be printing on stuff other than foamboard and with the Colex will surely be tapping markets you never though you had :)

Good Luck in your search :)

for Vanguard, look for Jim Peterson to help you narrow down your choice and provide a demo.

For Colex, look for Maureen Damaro, she will help you find the right cutter for your needs.

cheers!