• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JFX200-2513 Weird Cyan

Adam Vreeke

Knows just enough to get in a lot of trouble..
I am having some major difficulties with my Cyan on my JFX200-2513. The nozzle test print looks perfect; however, once I print anything with cyan in it, it bands.

At first I chalked it up to the crazy weather we were having here in Wisconsin, being 40 one day and in the teens the next, and then back up a few days later. I have tried everything that I can think of including:

-Pos / Neg Pressure adjust
-Drop Pos. Correction
-Multiple Air purges on all colors
-Did a nozzle wash soak for about 2 hours, after trying smaller ones.
-Did a nozzle recovery print, everything looked fine there too.
-Looked for any obvious air or ink leaks in the carriage and ink pump, nothing.
- Checked for any debris under carriage

***Quick Edit*** I tried to do a feed comp test, however, there isn't anything labeled as such in my operations manual, except that the 'adjust' button on the front panel can do this, which I have not found any option other than drop.pos.correction. I was able to find feed comp in Function > #adjust > Feed Comp 2. which printed a whole bed of gray halftones.

I am at my wits end with this, any other advice would be appreciated. Been back and forth with our normal tech guys, which hasn't yielded much.

Attachments

• 20230217_133331.jpg
    20230217_133331.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 181
  • 20230217_133336.jpg
    20230217_133336.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 82
Last edited:

Gregg Lindsay

Yes, but there are also manual and electronic alignments in service mode for all the DPI that should be checked also.
Its a pretty tedious process and you need a scope to do it correctly.

Adam Vreeke

Knows just enough to get in a lot of trouble..
Yes, but there are also manual and electronic alignments in service mode for all the DPI that should be checked also.
Its a pretty tedious process and you need a scope to do it correctly.
I unfortunately do not have a scope here. Is there anything else that can be done to do this?