• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Mimaki JFX200 3rd Party Chips

btkent

Our LUS 150 inks are becoming increasingly difficult to locate with acceptable expiration dates on the chips.
We assume this is partially because of the supply chain disruption resulting from COVID and also that the LUS120 series if half the cost. We are considering migrating to a CMYKPPWW configuration (LUS120) on the next ink cycle to reduce cost. Certified techs are 4.5 hrs away so everything is costly

We are low volume but we produce high end products so we need the device and it is profitable for us. However, we are throwing away significant amounts of ink. Recently had a scare thinking I threw away a cyan chip. If this happens there is no remedy other than than buying a new ink bottle. The short shelf life has us looking into 3rd party chips that meter ml usage rather than calendar time.
I have seen some discussion on these chips but would like to talk to others about their reliability and other related experiences.
There is not much recent discussion about this so I am skeptical about the parts as well as their source.
Is this a safe option? Downside?

karst41

Our LUS 150 inks are becoming increasingly difficult to locate with acceptable expiration dates on the chips.
We assume this is partially because of the supply chain disruption resulting from COVID and also that the LUS120 series if half the cost. We are considering migrating to a CMYKPPWW configuration (LUS120) on the next ink cycle to reduce cost. Certified techs are 4.5 hrs away so everything is costly

We are low volume but we produce high end products so we need the device and it is profitable for us. However, we are throwing away significant amounts of ink. Recently had a scare thinking I threw away a cyan chip. If this happens there is no remedy other than than buying a new ink bottle. The short shelf life has us looking into 3rd party chips that meter ml usage rather than calendar time.
I have seen some discussion on these chips but would like to talk to others about their reliability and other related experiences.
There is not much recent discussion about this so I am skeptical about the parts as well as their source.
Is this a safe option? Downside?

Contact the printhead doctor. They produce degassed ink bags, data chips and etc.
I had HP 9000's and their solvent inks was far superior to HP OEM and OEM Seiko Inks.
https://www.printheaddoctor.com