• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mimaki jfx200 clear and white subtank draning on power off

NathanR

Back with round 2 of printer gremlins, this time it is the white and clear subtank draining all the ink when the machine goes into sleep mode usually a minuet or so after the cycle ends. The color subtanks seems to be unaffected and stay filled.

I have run an air purge and ran the negative and positive pressure settings. The negative sits pretty solid once set with the positive a little more jumpy. Before this project was handed over to me the air filters above the subtanks had been replaced and there is a small bit of the tubing that doesn't match quite the same as the others and I'm wondering if there is a chance that it's letting amount of air to leak thorough.

I guess my question is two parts 1) is there anything else I should look at? 2) recommendation on hose type for air systems?

Thanks in advance for any time and advice that can be offered.

Gregg Lindsay

Try a subtank maintenance, then move the carriage to head maintenance position, once its there power off the machine completely with the hard switch. Watch those heads and if there is any drops of ink coming out you have a air leak or a bad valve. I would definitely look at what was changed last and why.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I agree with above. Also, flush the tubes from the cap top through the pump. It's possible they are partially clogged and creating a siphon effect once you turn it off.

NathanR

Quick follow up,
Tried the ink drip test and sure enough it started leaking almost at once.
since we suspected the tubing we clamped off a section and then ran the test and basically kept that up until ink wasn't leaking out anymore and then replace that section of tubing. It looks like after about a week we are no longer hemorrhaging ink so I think we can call that a win.

Once again thank you all for the help it has been greatly appreciated.