• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mimaki jfx200 random color drop out.

NathanR

Greetings folks,
I work for a small company that recently picked up a Mimaki JFX200 second hand and while it prints pretty well most of the time there have been a couple quirks that have come up.

we will randomly have the one or two of the color channels just not print (typically black and red) even if the same exact print job had been ran before. It doesn't seem super consistent when it happens either some times I can run the same job two or thee times before a color drop out other times its immediately after the last job
running a cleaning cycle does seem to help reset it, I'm just not sure if it's normal to need to do a clean cycle after every job?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Color drop out on the JFX200 is usually going to be a pressure issue or air in the system. I would run the pressure adjustments and make sure they are within spec. Even if they are in spec, if they are jumping around a lot, that could be a sign of a leak somewhere. Once you confirm the pressure is adjusted properly, do an air purge. If you do both those things and it still drops out, you probably need to change the primary filters.

Have you been getting any sub tank errors?

NathanR

Thank you we will take a look a the pressure system and see how that goes.
As for errors nothing has come up for the color sub tank as far as I know, the white and clear sub tank have an issue with draining faster than expected, which based off some of the other posts seem like it might be related to the pressure system as well.

Greatly appreciate the advice.

Adam Vreeke

Knows just enough to get in a lot of trouble..
I would also make sure that the outlet that you are using is supplying sufficient power and is not fluctuating in voltage. I am not very knowledgeable in that area but I do know our machine here needs to be plugged into an outlet in the middle of the shop as we were having voltage problems when the machine was first installed and was doing some funky things to it. I wasn't at this job when this happened so I am not sure what the symptoms where, just another idea of what to check out.

NathanR

Just a follow up and a thanks for the advice,
Adjusting the air pressure and doing an air purge made a world of difference and things are printing quite a bit better.