• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JFX200 System Halt Error - SYSTEM HALT (*) 509 : HDC POSCNT

jdwilliams1

Hello we have one of our Mimaki JFX200 macines acting up. We have been getting the system fault error SYSTEM HALT (*) 509 : HDC POSCNT. It is happening in the middle of the print job usually toward the back of the machine and the head assembly stops at or near the the capping station.

We are noticing that the rubber caps are not always seating correctly on the heads as we can see the ink outline on the heads offset. We are coming into our busy season and cannot afford to have the machine down. We did have a Mimaki Tech come out and they replaced the encoder strip and everything ran fine for a day and then the system halts alignment of the heads to the rubber caps is off again. This seems to be hit and miss. I think I had this on the old JF1631 and teeth were missing on a belt or gear but we cannot find that issue. Most of the system halts seem to happen on our evening shift but we do get them during the day rarely. I think it is safe to say the encoder strip was fine as the intermitten issues have stayed the same.

Would love someones opinion on our next plan of action our our tech has reached out to other techs and they seem to be stumped.

Thanks

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Sounds like maybe your Y origin sensor is malfunctioning and/or is physically out of place. It's the sensor that tells the machine it's back at the cap tops. Since you seem to be seeing the head not fully make it over the caps, maybe the flag the sensor detects has been knocked out of place or is loose. Basically the 509 error means the machine is getting confused as to where the head carriage is and a conflicting signal from the Y origin sensor would cause that. I'd check the Y origin sensor in service mode to make sure it's working properly, replace if necessary, and check the flag it detects to make sure it's not bent or loose. If all of that looks good, I'd start by replacing the encoder sensor.

jdwilliams1

Sounds like maybe your Y origin sensor is malfunctioning and/or is physically out of place. It's the sensor that tells the machine it's back at the cap tops. Since you seem to be seeing the head not fully make it over the caps, maybe the flag the sensor detects has been knocked out of place or is loose. Basically the 509 error means the machine is getting confused as to where the head carriage is and a conflicting signal from the Y origin sensor would cause that. I'd check the Y origin sensor in service mode to make sure it's working properly, replace if necessary, and check the flag it detects to make sure it's not bent or loose. If all of that looks good, I'd start by replacing the encoder sensor.
Thanks for the reply SolventInk