• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JFX200

Pricey

Hello All
I am asking for help in regards to my Mimaki JFX200.
Head number one, Magenta and Black has no ink coming out of all four Purge ports when doing a ink purge.
I have large chunks of missing nozzels in both Magenta and Balck
Head number two does have ink coming out.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Hello All
I am asking for help in regards to my Mimaki JFX200.
Head number one, Magenta and Black has no ink coming out of all four Purge ports when doing a ink purge.
I have large chunks of missing nozzels in both Magenta and Balck
Head number two does have ink coming out.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks
Have you changed the primary filters on schedule? I notice a lot of ink flow issues when those are overdue. Also, I'd check the air tube connections and make sure they are tight. If they leak air, it will affect ink flow as well.

Dasdesignguy

Production Manager/Field Service Tech
Check the positive and negative pressures, be sure they are in spec and check them often. The 2-3 way air valves are notorious for failing.

Pricey

Thank you all for the replies.
Yes I have changed the primary filters and checked the air lines.
The air pressures are in spec. I swapped the air lines going from the air valve, no change.
It has been suggested that the head gets blocked in the stainless tube part, has anyone heard of this?
Thanks

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Thank you all for the replies.
Yes I have changed the primary filters and checked the air lines.
The air pressures are in spec. I swapped the air lines going from the air valve, no change.
It has been suggested that the head gets blocked in the stainless tube part, has anyone heard of this?
Thanks
I would run a sub tank maintenance and see if any errors pop up. That will empty the sub tank and re-fill it. If it fails to fill, it should give you an error and then you will know it's an ink flow issue. If no errors pop up and it succeeds, it's probably something else. I've never seen ink clog in the stainless steel tubes. I think it would be rare to get a clog in one line let alone 4 unless the machine sat for a very long time without being used. The only exception being if the machine is running without covers or someone has used an unfiltered flash light while inspecting the internal parts.