• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV 150 CMYK Lc Lm Lk Or

BoboB79

Hi everybody!
Is anyone here printing on Mimaki using 8 colors (CMYK Lc Lm Lk Or) scheme?
Are you able to print vibrant orange Pantone 021C, the same as on Epson SC s80610? What about the rest of the colors, does Pantone 802C come out bright?
Mimaki claims a print speed of 3.6 square meters per hour in bi-directional.
But is it possible to get good quality print in bi-directional, given that the printer has only one printhead?
I mean that when the printhead moves backward, the ink will spray in the reverse order causing uneven color

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Pretty much all the printers on market today use BiDir and it's not a problem. Especially with just one printhead it's very easily configured.
Imagine you have 9 printheads and you need to match all of them. And even that will have perfectly good output with BiDir.
Epson is probably just the same or do they actually market uni speeds? Numbers go so low that it would be stupid.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I wasn't aware some printers don't print bidirectional.
But you should be fine if its equipped with orange ink.

I would suggest to get some samples from mimaki or the reseller. they should be able to provide you with something to look at.