• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV-400 Latex

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
One of our larger customers bought one back in December. Someone in their upper management decided that since Ricoh supplies all of their copiers they should supply their wide format too. Unfortunately for us they never told us of these plans. Big mistake on their part.

Like I said the printer has been there since December and they still can't print with it. I don't know exactly what the problem is, the operators are keeping quite since it was purchased by a higher up. Ricoh has been there fighting with it the entire time but doesn't seem to know how to fix it.

This customer still hasn't returned the unit. Although I can't imagine it will be there much longer.

Signs Express

Bigfoot Sighting :)

Would love to hear from ANYONE who actually has one of these machiines, Im starting to think of this machine as the Bigfoot of our industry lol.

I've got one! Got it as part of a package deal with our JFX200 flatbed. It's starting to grow on me. Had it since early December. This is our first and only experience with a latex printer. It took some getting used to coming from 10 years of running Eco-Solvents. We are getting the hang of it now and have figured out the best heat settings for what we print on.

The "green" ink cartridges will drive you bananas! You reuse the plastic cartridge, but change out the ink bag inside it as well as the chip. I much prefer swapping our the ink on our Roland.

Im pleased with the color of the LX101 inks. Long-term durability is yet to be determined.