• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV150-130 not printing yellow

2 questions--Anyone know who supports Mimaki in Iowa? Bought printer from Midwest Sign 4 years ago, then Grimco bought Midwest and I'm not sure they service Mimaki.

I hadn't used printer for a week, then printed a job and noticed reds weren't right. Did a test print and no yellow in one band, spotty in the other (all other colors printing great). Did a normal wash, no help. Did an ultra wash and ended up with no yellow. I've never replaced a damper or pump. Anyone have any thoughts?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Check your yellow cartridge to make sure there is actually ink in it. Sometimes they will be empty and not flag the machine properly. Other than that, I would start with the damper but also take a look at the waste tubes when running a cleaning cycle and make sure you see ink flowing. If not, you might need a cap top as well.