• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mimaki JV150-160 wont output black color

kyonthinh

Hi guys,
I need some helps with the Mimaki JV150-160 in my company.
I was printing today and halfway through the black color disappeared. I printed the test patern and it printed only the other 3 colors (6 paterns). The two black paterns are null. I ran bunch of head wash and nozzle wash and suddenly it came back, test paterns were good, then it disappeared again during the next printing session. Now I dont know what to do next. Can you guys help me? Thank you very much.
The test on the bottom was the first test, and the top one was the second. The 3rd test now looks like the first one.

Attachments

• 20230106_182823.jpg
    20230106_182823.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 196
  • 20230106_182810.jpg
    20230106_182810.jpg
    948.7 KB · Views: 78

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The first thing you want to check is if there is actually ink in the black cartridge. Sometimes they are empty and don't flag the printer properly. If that's not the issue then I would suspect the dampers need to be changed.

kyonthinh

The first thing you want to check is if there is actually ink in the black cartridge. Sometimes they are empty and don't flag the printer properly. If that's not the issue then I would suspect the dampers need to be changed.
I have check and changed to new cartridge, both have 100%, no chance.
So it is the damper? Do I need to change all dampers or only the one for black channel?