• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV3-130 fumes problem for pregnant women?

ANG

We have a Mimaki JV3-130 printer that is ventilated and use Mimaki brand ink. Does anyone have any knowledge as to even though it's ventilated, is it still a problem for a pregnant lady to be in the same room as the printer?
Any tips/advice would be helpful.

Turtle

I would avoid prolonged exposure.

I got this off the MSDS

Material Safety Data Sheet SPC-0380M
and fire and will build pressure and explode. Vapors can travel along the floors and ground until reaching a source of ignition and flash back. Avoid contact with eyes and clothing. In case of skin contact, wash with soap and water. May cause target organ effects. Keep out of the reach of children.
3.2 Potential Health Effects: Eye: Moderate Eye Irritation: Signs/symptoms may include redness, swelling, pain,
tearing, and blurred or hazy vision. See Section 11 for Toxicology.
Skin: Mild Skin Irritation: Signs/symptoms may include localized redness, swelling, and itching. See Section 11 for Toxicology.
Inhalation: Upper Respiratory Tract Irritation: Signs/symptoms may include cough, sneezing, nasal discharge, headache, hoarseness, and nose and throat pain.
See Section 11 for Toxicology. Ingestion: Gastrointestinal Irritation: Signs/Symptoms may include cough, sneezing,
nasal discharge, headache, hoarseness, and nose and throat pain. See Section 11 for Toxicology.
Target Organ Effect: Central Nervous System (CNS) Depression: Signs/symptoms May include headache, dizziness, drowsiness, diminished coordination, nausea, slowed reaction time, slurred speech, giddiness, and unconsciousness.