• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki jv3-130spII Black ink Problem

16skyline

Hi,

Could someone please help us, we are trying to get our JV3 up and running as it had been sitting around for a year or so. To let you know what we have done, we have done a full flush of the system by placing two cartridges in a colour at one time and pulling the solution through the system with a syringe, then once this was done we removed all the cleaning solution and replace with ink by the same method. Checked the capping station for air leaks by syringe above the pump all good there.

Know in maintance mode we done some test prints and as you can see from the attached image the black is always over the top of other colours, does someone know what would be causing this?

Thanks

Attachments

• 100_0458.jpg
    100_0458.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 171

97GTB

Unfortunately the black head will need to be changed, when heads start doing this the electronics on them are failing. Also usually expect to see an error 07 head temp not too long after this problem appears.

artbot

it does look like a bad head. but! this is what my printer did with a loose black data ribbon. i'd check the ribbons and then do a data swap to prove if it is the head or slider board, or mainboard.

Attachments

• 4569961164_9511bd03e4_z.jpg
    4569961164_9511bd03e4_z.jpg
    275.5 KB · Views: 122

16skyline

If by data swap you mean swap the black head cables with another colour, I did that and as you can see it didn't make a difference. As someone else said about error 7, if I use black it will give me the error 7 code.

Regards

Attachments

• 100_0459.jpg
    100_0459.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 157

artbot

here's a diagram i made showing a data swap (double cmyk... if you are running cmyk lm lc ss than just observe the cable positions).

be careful what ribbon you switch with what ribbon. you can quickly fry a head, slider board, etc.

basically the printer is oblivious of where the head rests. so moving the ribbons in proper matching pairs allows you to discern if the head is the issue or the port delivering the data is the issue. and of course taking out ribbons and replacing them with other ribbons will isolate if the ribbon itself is working properly.

97GTB

As artbot said you can try swapping the head cables, but do the swap from the print head side not the Slider to rule them out as the cause. But given that you said the error 07 is coming up when printing black and that the machine sat idle for a year or so, id say 99% the head itself will be the cause.