• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV3 160sp PROBLEM... LIGHTS ON BUT NO ONE IS HOME!!!!

snappyart

I have run into all types of issues with the mimaki jv3...but this one is odd. I was changing a printhead and dampers...all was going well. When I powered the machine on...everything started off normally, then the panel went blank. The power is still on...but nothing is happening. I am able to move the carriage but that is it. Is it somehow in some maintanence mode. How did I get there...and how do I get back?? I hope someone can help me out!!!

WinGraphics

Premium Subscriber
JV3 problems

You may have swapped the cable positions for the print head. If so...the slider board may be a gonner.Mac Media repairs the slider boards for $200. They are on ebay.

MikePro

try powering down and re-seating all your ribbon cables.
had something similiar when I had a couple of misconnections during my last head swap.

otherwise +1 to dead slider board, maybe some static discharge while you were working on it?