• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV3 connection question

bbeens

You can connect to your JV3 with a print server such as a FastPocket from SEH. Without a print server you will need to connect via firewire.

Bryan

jdigital

We have a netgear print server already. Heres' the scoop. We have installed Colorgate Productionserver5 Rip software. We have installed it on one PC. Colorgate gives you the option to share by using Remote desktop. We have configured our Inca and Jeti machines to connect to colorgate by pinging the IP address through our network. We cannot ping our Mimaki. It does not recognize an IP because it's a local IP address (from the PC) I want to connect our ethernet cable from our netwok straight to the Mimaki print server. Right now we have our network cable plugged into the Mimaki PC then out to the print server. Can I plug the network cable directly to the print server without going through the PC and get our new RIP station to see it?

ColesCreations

JV3 is (as you know) firewire.
I think you need a dedicated PC, and just use remote desktop to run it. Call it "Print server".:thumb:
If there is another way to run it via a print server, I'd like to know!

jdigital

we have two JV3's running on one PC. We have connected through ethernet but can I connect the other through the firewire using remote desktop? Does anyone know how to find the port for the firewire? or do I need a separate PC for this?

particleman

you can buy a firewire card.

JV3 has a parallel and firewire port. You can use a print server (small box with parallel on one end, ethernet on the other) to accomplish what you are wanting, basically running the ethernet cable up to 300' from the computer. We tried this however and found that the printer was not getting data fast enough. On some jobs that were very detailed it would pause the head and wait for data, not good! We ended up using firewire.