• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV3 LCD screen

wildside

Mimaki JV3-130SpII
4 years old, very well maintained and all original parts

Not sure what is going on, but came in yesterday morning and fired up the printer and noticed that when it first comes on the LCD usually flashes "Please Wait".

It was flashing "ase Wait". then when done it had a scrolling across effect to select the media as roll or sheet, which usually is just static centered on the screen

when i hit remote it is sporadic on what is on the screen, you hit remote on and off repeatedly and it is almost like it is scrolling and it freezes it when you push the button, like a demo mode maybe but if is dont know how to fix that

it seems it works fine outside of this little thing, anyone seen this before? wondering if there was a power surge or what, but everything else in the building seems to be working fine.

lpsdonline

If the machine is working but the LCD screen, I would say your problem is the LCD board. If you have the maintenance manual, you can test the LCD screen by following the instructions provided. I ran this test long time ago and I dont remember the steps. I gotta go back to the manual to refresh my memory...