• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

mimaki JV3-SPII

Tori

So I know my unit is older but I have had great success with it so why trade in something that is working. Everything was working on Wednesday and come Thursday morning the black ink just stopped. I have looked at pumps and the red is pulling but the black seemed weak so I ordered a pump however I have also ordered dampers since my black dampers looked empty. I have pulled the head and all looks good so I replaced it and still no black ink pulling through, I have tried everything to get air out of lines and can pull the ink to the head with the syringe but then when I hook it back up it doesn't pull anymore and I seem to lose the ink out of the lines from the cartridge to the head. I have also changed the capping station and the lines going to the pumps which the black was very little flow thru. I have ordered more ink and have tried about 4-5 ink fills a day while still waiting for my pump that will be here tomorrow. I have made sure that I keep all the heads moist while I am not printing but I continued to be upset that I can't figure out why I still can't get it fired up. I can pull cleaning solution thru the capping station with the pump but still no black ink. I have decided to take off the whole back panel now because I have 75% of it off anyway just to look at the board and see if anything sticks out at me. I have noticed red lights on the panel. They are D4-D9. Keep in mind I know my inks are low and am hoping that is all it is but I can't find a for sure answer for this, Does anyone have any suggestions or answers for the red lights?

gfxmarty

I know this is a little old but it sounds like you had an ink cartridge drain dry.
If you have a slight leak in the cap station seal or possibly a pinhole in your damper, it will form a slow drip that will drain the cart into the waste tank.