• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

mimaki jv300-160 not going back to home base after print

So we have a mimaki jv300-160 that we have been having a problem out of and its a weird problem. one i have that i have never seen. about a month ago the carriage
has been stopping short of going back to its base to circulate ink and wipe the heads but it will still try and pump ink through the head and it ends up with a mess besides that when it goes to print another banner it does this (see pic) as you see in the picture where the carriage is a bit to the right where the magenta is is about where it stops and starts doing that weird pattern. i have replaced the encoder strip and the encoder eye reader it did good for one banner then went back to this. any help or ideas would be great.

Attachments

• image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 200

cobaya

You can try check head carriage belt motor.
I think, in motor has an encoder for first position of printhead carriage.
Encoder strip has no first position of head carriage, only position for printing have a encoder strip.

You can try check head carriage belt motor.
I think, in motor has an encoder for first position of printhead carriage.
Encoder strip has no first position of head carriage, only position for printing have a encoder strip.
It was the belt motor! i found this out a few days ago. The tensioner had moved some how so the belt was slipping not by very much. Since then it has been working perfectly.