• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki jv300 - need a print head.

petesign

Good lord, $2600 for a freaking print head? ANy sources out there for print heads? Had a head strike and cant recover an area in magenta and it's leaving banding. I can print 12 pass or higher and its almost acceptable, but completely slows my productivity.

Won't lie, i really hate how epson has us over a barrel and knows it.
test print.jpeg

Last edited:

petesign

We have them here in Denver. We carry OEM and non-OEM but as you know, they're all the same with different stickers on them. Here's a link if you're interested. OEM JV300 Head | Non-OEM JV300 Head
Do I have to have a certain firmware to make this work? I recall in years past that Mimaki had changed firmware to check for serial numbers in the jv33 (my old printer thats now a boat anchor in the corner) and you couldnt install a non oem head in there.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Do I have to have a certain firmware to make this work? I recall in years past that Mimaki had changed firmware to check for serial numbers in the jv33 (my old printer thats now a boat anchor in the corner) and you couldnt install a non oem head in there.

They didn't make it as hard on the newer versions for some reason. With the non-OEM JV300 head you just need to move the head memory board over to the new head and that's it.