• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV33-130 Print Problems

MurphyPrinter

Hello! I am new to this Mimaki printer and I am using Briteline eSeries IM2201. When printing I am getting image quality issues please see the image attach. Just wanted to know if this is normal or if this is wrong and how I can fix this If you look at the print from far away it looks good but close it looks bad. If you look closely at the images you can see the lines that run horizontal. Please any help will be great! I can also provide any other information needed as I am new and don't know what to put. Thanks again.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-09-07 at 9.38.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-07 at 9.38.46 PM.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 423

pinki

Hello! I am new to this Mimaki printer and I am using Briteline eSeries IM2201. When printing I am getting image quality issues please see the image attach. Just wanted to know if this is normal or if this is wrong and how I can fix this If you look at the print from far away it looks good but close it looks bad. If you look closely at the images you can see the lines that run horizontal. Please any help will be great! I can also provide any other information needed as I am new and don't know what to put. Thanks again.
Your nozzle is clogged, check also media feed
succes

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I agree with media comp and also maybe turn up the heat. Looks like the ink sitting on top rather than biting into the vinyl.

MurphyPrinter

You can do a nozzle check but I think it's mostly like feed comp needs adjusting
Thank you for the reply.

I have looked up how to adjust media comp but when I adjust the value and do the test print again the lines don't seem to move.

I have tried +40 and -40 and both times the lines are the same.

Any ideas?

MurphyPrinter

I agree with media comp and also maybe turn up the heat. Looks like the ink sitting on top rather than biting into the vinyl.
Thank you for the reply.

I have looked up how to adjust media comp but when I adjust the value and do the test print again the lines don't seem to move.

Any ideas?

Please see the image below for reference. Also notice the test print. My black always shows up like that no matter how many cleans I do.

I have also done a drop pattern test and I have tired adjusting the settings but every time I adjust and do another print the line pretty much stay in the same place.

Please see that attached image as well.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-09-12 at 7.57.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-12 at 7.57.05 PM.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 137
  • Screen Shot 2022-09-12 at 8.39.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-12 at 8.39.45 PM.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 114
Last edited:

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Thank you for the reply.

Any ideas?

Please see the image below for reference. Also notice the test print. My black always shows up like that no matter how many cleans I do.

I have also done a drop pattern test and I have tired adjusting the settings but every time I adjust and do another print the line pretty much stay in the same place.

Please see that attached image as well.
The black is causing the problem for sure. You can try doing head soaks and try to manually flush that channel but that looks too far gone to recover unfortunately.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
What would be my next steps to correct the black?
You can try hooking a syringe up to those channels and flushing it with flushing solution but it could cause internal damage that will cook the head for good. It's usually a last ditch effort before getting a new head. If you can't get it to recover with flushing, you'll need a new head.

MurphyPrinter

You can try hooking a syringe up to those channels and flushing it with flushing solution but it could cause internal damage that will cook the head for good. It's usually a last ditch effort before getting a new head. If you can't get it to recover with flushing, you'll need a new head.
Sheesh, Okay I'll have to look into this option. Thank you.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Sheesh, Okay I'll have to look into this option. Thank you.
You also have some cross contamination in the cyan which can be a sign of a bad cap top. You could try that as well. Just in my experience, when the nozzle check looks like that, it's almost never 100% recoverable but you might get it closer to something you can use.