• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki jv33-160

Carmar0229

Hi all,

I'm looking to buy this printer which needs some work. I was told all it needs is a print head. I am new to large format printers and I am looking to start a small sign making business to do after my 9 to 5. For this reason I have been looking at the local classified to hopefully get a good deal on a printer even if it means getting some parts replaced. I am hoping I can get some advice on this printer. My question is, how hard is it to work on this printer and what else should I be worried about fixing?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

stxrmxn

For a simple start up i would go Roland. I have a HP Latex and a CJV 130. The CJV is a good machine but the learning curve is larger than the Rolands. We started our business with a Roland and you can pick up one in perfect condition pretty reasonably priced just about anywhere.