• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

mimaki jv33 160

timalh3

my mimaki jv33 160 comes out of sleep mode and switches on and it powers off when i try to print it will only work properly when i switch off from main power and start it up again was working fine doing it auto clean and then go back to sleep mode now when it do it's auto cleaning it stays on has any one saw this before and is there a fix for it

Hi
what you can do is return to factory settings. enter to funcion then setup then user 1 then setup reset and you would return to the factory settings.

timalh3

Hi
what you can do is return to factory settings. enter to funcion then setup then user 1 then setup reset and you would return to the factory settings.
thanks but i think i found the problem it is one of two things i check the slider board and one of the iu pins is reading at 2.5k instead of 5k so i am hoping that it is the slider board and not the head cause i just change the head about 6 months ago

that's strange the slider board is in charge of sending the voltage signal to the head, it reads the encoder and some sensors. but if the printer turns off I don't think it's the slider .. but how does the printer turn off??? just do the process to turn off or are you just printing and out of nowhere it turns off ????

Have you checked the test points on the mainboard ??? TP1 to TP8

timalh3

that's strange the slider board is in charge of sending the voltage signal to the head, it reads the encoder and some sensors. but if the printer turns off I don't think it's the slider .. but how does the printer turn off??? just do the process to turn off or are you just printing and out of nowhere it turns off ????

Have you checked the test points on the mainboard ??? TP1 to TP8
yes i have check the main board and it reads at 17 k so the main board is good what was happening was the printer would come out of sleep mode and do its auto cleaning and instead of going back to sleep mode it stays on and will not shut off via the green button i have to use the main switch to turn it off and on again that worked for about a day and then it stop booting up so i striped it down and started running test on the boards but test on the U1 with pins 5 to 8 are reading 5to7 4.9 k and 8 is reading 2.5k if i am reading the test sheet right the slider board may have a problem so i am working my way from the cheapest fix to the most expensive which is the head i am looking at digiprints they have a printhead https://www.digiprint-supplies.com/en/mimaki-jv33-jv5-print-head-m007947-pphmijv5006 don't know if this is the real thing do you have any advice about the printhead they offer

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The print head in that link is not an original Mimaki head as you can see from the picture, it doesn't have the Mimaki head memory board attached. It will work in your machine but depending on how old the machine is and the firmware, it may require a short procedure to transfer the memory board info to the one on your current head. You basically reuse the board from your old head.

Also, that U1 chip on the slider board is the component that fails the most on those boards so you might be on the right track.

timalh3

The print head in that link is not an original Mimaki head as you can see from the picture, it doesn't have the Mimaki head memory board attached. It will work in your machine but depending on how old the machine is and the firmware, it may require a short procedure to transfer the memory board info to the one on your current head. You basically reuse the board from your old head.

Also, that U1 chip on the slider board is the component that fails the most on those boards so you might be on the right track.
https://www.digiprint-supplies.com/...nt-head-with-memory-board-m007947-pphmijv5002 i think this one have a memory board on it my firmware is 4.3 i think but was reading that i can down grade to 3.6 or something like that to use cheaper heads in my country the power is crappy and if my head is damaged this is the second one i change this year do you have any help on how to do that and where i can get the firmware cause if this keeps happening it will cost me a bundle of money by the way thanks for your reply and help

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
https://www.digiprint-supplies.com/...nt-head-with-memory-board-m007947-pphmijv5002 i think this one have a memory board on it my firmware is 4.3 i think but was reading that i can down grade to 3.6 or something like that to use cheaper heads in my country the power is crappy and if my head is damaged this is the second one i change this year do you have any help on how to do that and where i can get the firmware cause if this keeps happening it will cost me a bundle of money by the way thanks for your reply and help
You don't have to downgrade if you have the memory board from your old head. Unfortunately I cannot give out Mimaki firmware due to an NDA.

timalh3

You don't have to downgrade if you have the memory board from your old head. Unfortunately I cannot give out Mimaki firmware due to an

You don't have to downgrade if you have the memory board from your old head. Unfortunately I cannot give out Mimaki firmware due to an NDA.
can you recommend a printhead that will work with with the firmware and memory board i have if that is not too much with out causing you any trouble .

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
can you recommend a printhead that will work with with the firmware and memory board i have if that is not too much with out causing you any trouble .
The two heads you posted will work. The one with the memory board will be the most hassle free. The one without the memory board can work out of the box but sometimes requires you to do a short process to transfer the memory board data.

i can send you the manual to replace any of this printheads with and withput memory board. i worked 7 years in mimaki printers.. so i have any firmware and any manual.

timalh3

The two heads you posted will work. The one with the memory board will be the most hassle free. The one without the memory board can work out of the box but sometimes requires you to do a short process to transfer the memory board data.
ok thanks i think when i bought the printer it had a gold looking head on it not the dark looking like the mimaki head i bought so if i am getting this right all i have to do is put the memory board on the cheap printhead and that it man hope this works if my head is blown thanks a bundle oh i found the fw update tool but mine does not have the jv33 model in it so if my head is blown i will do as you said just will have to take longer to print jobs but thats fine
i can send you the manual to replace any of this printheads with and withput memory board. i worked 7 years in mimaki printers.. so i have any firmware and any manual.
i would like the firmware for the jv33 3.6 and older and the manual for the replace printheads it would be great i have firmware for jv5 and a couple of others but not the jv33 160 would be nice if you can send me them
Email timalh3@gmail.com thanks in advance that would be great

timalh3

I just sent it to you by mail I hope it help you ..
thanks a lot you sent me a link for a printhead but there is another one without the memory board that is a little cheaper are they the same and could i use my memory board on it that is providing that my head is not blown i will get the slider board by Tuesday that i bought from you guys do i just load the rom in the FW TOOL III I that i have.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I always appreciate another tech's perspective here on Signs101 but if you want to sell on here you have to buy a merchant membership. No selling to people in the private messages.

timalh3

I always appreciate another tech's perspective here on Signs101 but if you want to sell on here you have to buy a merchant membership. No selling to people in the private messages.
i must apologize i did not know that digiprint was the part dealer taught it was just a name on the forum and had no relation to the store was not paying attention to the message board just the comments now i am looking at the names i see that you guys are part dealers sorry he did not sell me any parts through this forum i bought the part before i knew who he was i am very sorry and i do apologize.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
i must apologize i did not know that digiprint was the part dealer taught it was just a name on the forum and had no relation to the store was not paying attention to the message board just the comments now i am looking at the names i see that you guys are part dealers sorry he did not sell me any parts through this forum i bought the part before i knew who he was i am very sorry and i do apologize.
No you're fine. You can post whatever you want! Just got to keep the competition honest is all.