• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV33-260: mtr.alm y:cnt.over

muelli75

Hi!

Since today we get this error after printing the nozzle-check:

"mtr.alm y:cnt.over"

This appears after printing the check, bevor the printhead returns in his house. The printhead does not return, he remains above the printet testpattern. Then we have to reinitialise the plotter.

Any ideas how we can fix this? Thank you in advance!

Martin

Attachments

• IMG_7742.JPG
    IMG_7742.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 539

hand851

Roland Mutoh & Mimaki inks digiprint-parts.com
Y current error. Does the head move freely from left to right when the power is off?

muelli75

Hi!

Thank you for your hint! The head moves very hard from right to left. Checked they Y-Motor - it "rattles" very sliently if you move the printhead. Think the Y-Motor is dead, ordered a replacement. I will give feedback if replacing helps (I think so).

Regards, Martin

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You might just need to clean and grease the rail. Also, make sure your encoder strip is clean as well. At the end of the day it could be the motor though.

hand851

Roland Mutoh & Mimaki inks digiprint-parts.com
I suggest you use 3 in one oil or sewing machine oil on the rail. one to two drops only. Grease collects dirt more easily than oil.

V. V.

Inkjet printing guru
Don't spill anything on the rail, never!

There are the special inlets on the liner bearing so you should use a special plunger to add some grease into the bearings.

The is a gear right next to the motor and there are bearings inside, they can be worn out as well.

There is also a possibility to replace the bearings in the motor as far as I remember.

muelli75

Hello out there!

Thanks for all answers, here is the solution which worked for us:

We replaced the big gear which directly moves the belt/printhead. The bearing inside the gear did a hard job for years, so it turns stiffly.
After we changed the gear wheel, the printing noise was much quieter than before - and described error is gone.

Best regards, Martin