• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV33 Carriage Motor

Centro Graphics

Hi

Our JV33 has become very noisy over the past 2 weeks when the head carriage goes back and forth. I have spoken to an engineer who gave me a price for a new motor, but thought I'd check with other JV33 users before I spend a bunch more money on it. I just spent over $2.5k on a new head after an almighty crash, as a new media we were trying got caught in the media guide, which then bent and smashed into the head and killed it, grrr.

Any miracle cures anyone can recommend please.

Thanks

C

ColoPrinthead

Not sure about your particular machine, but I had something similar happen with an Epson GS6000 and the CR Motors belt had just become loose and was simply fixed by adjusting the motors positions (pulling it away from the belt and re-tightening it's mounting screws). Worth looking into before you buy a new motor.

brightbanner

i like vivid color
check and clear the rail and block first, and the pulley, belt too.
If they are ok, try to replace the motor.
My supplier give us in $260 each with one year warranty.

By the way, are you sure you spend $2500 for one JV33 head?
It is so crazy as I just pay $1500 for it.

Brent