• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV33- Drop Position

hbb2008

Premium Subscriber
Hello All,

I am curious what anyone's drop position value you use.

Service mode--
#Adjust->Head Adjust->Drop Position->Hi Speed->Fine->Fine y-bi​

My current value is at 21.0

I replaced my head in March this year and before my setting was near 15.

I thought it was odd I would have to adjust it much higher but maybe it is just how the head was installed.

Any thoughts?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Every head is going to be different due to many factors (head height, age of head, how it was installed etc. Just remember that the #adjust drop positions doesn't actually adjust anything. It just sets a base point for the user menu drop position which is what actually aligns the drop position.

hbb2008

Premium Subscriber
Thank you! I did not know this. Can you elaborate a little or explain in different words by what you mean with "It just sets a base point for the user menu drop position which is what actually aligns the drop position."

​Thanks!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The drop position in the #adjust menu gives the printer a general idea of where "0.0" should be on the user adjustments. If the #adjust adjustment is way off, your user adjustments will be a lot more spread out.

Example:

1. If the #adjust drop position is not done correctly and the user runs the user drop position, the adjustment values will be really high or you may not be able to even find a good pattern because the value to adjust is higher than the values given. I believe +/- 40 is the range they give you. If you can't find a good pattern within that range, you won't be able to align the head properly. By running the #adjust drop position you set the range of the user adjustment to allow the proper alignment.

2. If the #adjust drop position is done correctly, the user drop position values will be closer to "0.0" and less spread out.