• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki jv33 No Vaccum getting no ink

Hey guys I have finally narrowed my issue down to lack of vaccum. I just changed to a brand new printhead which I thought was my issue, but still got not ink through the head after installation.
I changed the cap again when I put the new printhead in and after several cleanings and ink fills the cap is still as clean as when I put it in. There is no ink being pulled and I cannot figure out why.
I have a new pump in as well so the issue seems to be in the seal of the cap and printhead.
I’ve adjusted the capping station over and over but still cannot get a good deal I guess. What can I do here??

kensign

prime the new print head , flash the head before put it on, check seal captop, the pump, check all the connection under the pump

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Make sure your head height lock screws are tight. If they're loose, it won't make a seal. Also make sure there is the rubber stopper on the third nozzle below the cap top. These pumps can be confusing as well. Make sure the tubes are hooked up in the right order. It is possible to hook them up backwards and it will push instead of pull.

Raum Divarco

General Manager CUTWORX USA / Amcad & Graphics
Hey guys I have finally narrowed my issue down to lack of vaccum. I just changed to a brand new printhead which I thought was my issue, but still got not ink through the head after installation.
I changed the cap again when I put the new printhead in and after several cleanings and ink fills the cap is still as clean as when I put it in. There is no ink being pulled and I cannot figure out why.
I have a new pump in as well so the issue seems to be in the seal of the cap and printhead.
I’ve adjusted the capping station over and over but still cannot get a good deal I guess. What can I do here??
has your issues been resolved or are you still in need of some ideas?

APCInk

Merchant Member
Have you tried priming the system by using a syringe beneath the Cap? This is really the only way to tell for sure whether the Cap is properly sealing against the head. Also, when doing this you’ll need to pinch off the second line that goes between the Cap and Pump or you’ll just suck air up that line. Finally, you need to open cartridge valves before pulling with a syringe.

Have you considered hiring an experienced tech to assist with this repair? You say you’ve already bought a second Print Head, so sounds like you’re already in this for a good bit of money.

- DM