• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

mimaki jv33 not printing

wickedfx1

printers been sitting bout a month cause i was on vacation..it was left on got home today and did a test print and very little black came out, several ink fills and cleanings done and it doesnt print anything at all..What to do next?

Artgunner

Try "Head Nozzel Washing" with a long soak period. Then test print. If that don't work, try the wash again. Once the heads start firing, then try cleaning again. Sounds like your print head has dried out. Something to try.

Art

inkmed

There are dry ink in your printer head, because the printer stop a longe time.
Your have to clear the black head.

Adam

Last edited by a moderator:

bmw_ante

A good adwise when you get it going again is to set the sleep clean funktion on if it is off, You can set an interval to the cleaning so when you leave the machine for a month next time you wont have so much trouble ..if any at all

But remember to just turn off the printer by the green on/off switch in the front of the machine, Never with thew one that is on the side, Then it wont do any sleep activitis

Area51Graphix

you may try to do an ink pump wash, maybe is clogged with ink, or try to look close the capping because once we have a problem like that and it was the capping station that don´t seal the head completely and we lost color.

Area51Graphix

It´s looks like youre printhead is clogged, there is a way to wash the head manually taking of the damper and flush the head but only the tech guy has done that in our printer.

But in this tread theres a procedure tha maybe can help you, look what Vinylman said!!

wickedfx1

i found the link, i did the inkdraw, nothing comes out now i guess i gotta get a new head, where can i puchase one, cause the place i purchased the mimaki wants like $1200 for it

Area51Graphix

I agree with "BMW ante", we do not recomended cheap head for your mimaki, 1200 sound like a fair price, remember that with original parts you avoid problems.

sorry can't be more helpfull!!!