• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki Jv4 Drop Out Problem

michellenorman

Okay so I've done all the cleaning I can do to this machine and its still dropping out magenta!!!!
Any suggestions??
Help!!!!

(and I'm affraid to tell my boss that we may need a new head) but I think that maybe the only solution. :(

Thanks

LenR

re:JV4

If the dropout isn't the result if physical damage (head strike) I would think it's just a clogged head/nozzle. Try putting the heads it the "station" position, remove the cover and use a syringe to fill the caps with cleaning fluid. Check to make sure the sides of the heads don't have caked-up ink on them. If so following the procedure in the manual and clean them off before continuing.
Replace the cover, hit enter and let the machine finish it's initialization. You'll notice the heads will drop into the capping station. Turn the machine off and let the heads soak for a good long time (like overnight). That usually loosens up dried ink pretty well.
Look at before and after test draws. I'm always amazed at at improvements it areas I wasn't looking at before. It may take a couple of cleanings to get all the jets clean but this usually works for me.
Good luck.

APC Tech NE

I have replaced many caps on these machines, they seem to curl away from the heads after a couple of years, also the capping alignment is critical. With media loaded. Remove the left lower side cover. Do a regular cleaning on all heads, when finished raise and lower the lever. Hit the arrow button to re-detect media. When the carriage comes out to detect media, shut the machine down with the power switch. Carefully slide the carriage over to the left of the machine and inspect the bottom of the heads. Make sure the ink impression left by the cap doesn't overlap the metal bracket around the bottom edge of the heads, and cover both rows of nozzles completely on each head.This is a good opportunity to remove all ink residue from heads, to avoid damage/scratching do not make contact with the nozzle surface.

Last edited: