• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV4 Y-Axis Problem

Loro486

Hello All,
Heres one for ya...Whenever I go to do a test print on my JV-4, the carriage will actually start to hit the side of the printer. The first two passes,which show the front and back nozzles, will only slightly tap the right side but once it goes to do the last R and F Sub it smashes into the side and gives me a Y-Axis error. I've switched out most of the boards and sensors with one of my other machines but I still have the problem. I still have to try and switch out the IO PCB under the unit but I want to see what everyone thinks.

Thanks
Joe

APC Tech NE

Check the linear encoder running the length of the machine, could be damaged or contaminated with ink. Clean with water or glass cleaner. Also check the sensor on the carriage for misalignment. The parameters have a "mecha size" value that determines the mechanical size of the machine, this could be incorrect or corrupt, but not likely unless you have been uploading or changing parameters.